Thursday, January 7, 2010

7 Months

Luke is 7 months today and it's amazing for me to think about how much he--and I... and Keith--have changed since he arrived (all for the best of course!).

Three new things about Luke:
1. His two top teeth are coming in (that's late-breaking news today, which might explain the horrific crying fits over the past two days).
2. He's eating all sorts of fruits, veggies and grains. New intros this week include avocado, mango and quinoa. Oh, and formula... I'm weening him (hmm, that might be part of the crying fits too?). As long as he's hungry he hasn't turned anything away.
3. He can crawl quietly (compared with his previous hand-slapping-on-floor technique, which I appreciated as a Luke GPS). Case in point: today I went to empty the dishwasher while he as playing in his room. I returned about 2 minutes later and he wasn't there! I shouted his name twice (freaking out slightly... how far could he have gone?!), turned and found that he'd crawled (quietly) into the bathroom across from his room. He was standing up at the toilet, holding onto the rim and trying to touch the bowl-water. Luckily I'm a fierce toilet cleaner!

But my favorite new thing Luke does is this... He crawls to where I'm standing and reaches up with the cutest "please pick me up Mama" look on his face. I'm a sucker for that. Unfortunately, he's such a busy-body that he usually gets bored a few moments after I pick him up. I can almost analyze his reaction each time - "huh, this is all that's going on up here? I think I'd rather climb something"... but he keeps doing it and I'll pick him up every time.

Oh, and here's a video of the little guy today, on his 7-month birthday.


No comments:

Post a Comment