Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Lucky?

In my old life here in SLC I used to go to spin class at The J (that's our gym) 5 days a week at 6 am. In that old, carefree, hardly-any-responsibilities life that wasn't a big deal at all; just part of my daily routine.
Needless to say, I haven't attended that 6 am class yet since moving back. Actually, I haven't attended a 6 am spin class at the gym since two weeks before Luke was born.
But, last night I decided that I was going to revisit my long lost beloved class today.
I realized that this was risky, given that Luke typically wakes up around 5 and shouts until he gets a bottle of milk and a warm spot between Mom and Dad, at which time he can fall asleep again until 7. But some days he just rolls around and kicks us for that last hour and a half. So, I was worried about Keith having to deal with all of that, while needing to get ready for work. Keith was worried/ annoyed-in-advance as well.
But, I thought I'd take a chance.
So, I was up at 5:30 am, gave Luke a bottle in his crib, and headed off to The J.
I really enjoyed the class, probably more than ever since it's not so easy to get there these days.
Then I skipped the post-class stretch and raced home. I told Keith I'd be home by 7:10 am, but since I got stuck at a ridiculously long light on Foothill Drive, I pulled into the driveway at 7:13 am.

I tentatively opened the door, expecting the worse (whatever that might be), and was shocked to find a dark, silent house. Both boys were sound asleep and I laughed to myself because I got lucky. If I try it again next week there's no way we'll have the same

No comments:

Post a Comment