Friday, February 26, 2010

I know he's teething, but...

Luke is suffering through the coming out party for two new teeth (the two on either side of the top front ones... my dentist friend Matt would be disgusted that I'm describing them that way)... And gauging the amount of whining and gnawing, this round of teething seems worse than the previous two rounds.

So, as we speak I'm engaged in the Olympic semi-final men's hockey game (USA is KILLING Finland 6-0 so far), and Luke is "monking around" as we call it. Or in other words, he's exploring and contentedly entertaining himself, and I glance over now and again to make sure he's safe.
Moments ago I glanced over and noticed him gnawing on the window sill. See destruction:


Yup, it's down to the wood.
So, two problems:
1. Our security deposit is at risk*
2. I sure hope this isn't lead paint**

*...for this and other reasons. Keith keeps saying "it's only a rental" and I keep adding up the list of things we need to try to fix before June 30...ugh.
**The building is only 2 years old, so I'm assuming I don't really have to worry about lead paint, but still, eating paint probably isn't the most nutritious food for an infant... or anyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment